TEAMHP members are planning an active participation at the upcoming MERH Congress.(read below, also http://www.merhcongress.com/)
TEAMHP's Executive Commitee has been encouraging members from across the continent to come this important gathering as it can be a unique follow-up opportunity after the MH-PIE Foundation event of TEAMHP in October 2017
The MERH 2018 Congress is hosted by an independent, non-profit making company working under the auspices of The University of Edinburgh, the European Public Health Association and NHS Health Scotland. We intend to deliver you a memorable, affordable, academic and social programme in one of the most spectacular cities in the world.
The MERH congress will replace the 7th EUPHA Migrant and Ethnic Health Section Conference.
Congress aims :
- Improve research, population health and health care for migrants and other discriminated-against populations
- Bring together policy, social science, clinical, social service and public health perspectives and share and transfer learning within and across countries
- Examine contemporary problems across the globe and debate suggested solutions
- Consider health effects of social, environmental and demographic change associated with population migration, and the effects on diseases and their causes
- Find ways to overcome differences in concepts and terminology so the field can be understood internationally in acceptable language
- Provide opportunities for people to showcase their work and to meet to share experience and motivations
- Build networks that will last beyond the Congress itself